Picture this: We’re still stuck in quarantine and you don’t have many things to do. You’re looking for a new hobby and decide to give painting a shot. Now you’re looking for easy pictures to paint to improve your skills. Continue reading this article because we got you covered!
Painting is one of the best stress and boredom busters that has been proven to be beneficial to your mental and emotional health. According to research studies, painting can reduce your stress and anxiety levels, enhance your attention span, improve cognitive function and fine motor skills among the many other benefits. It is also well known that carrying out art activities such as painting can be used as a form of therapy as it can also help you practice mindfulness.
However, some of us get frustrated with the idea since painting requires a level of skill. But, there’s no shame in trying!
For beginners, it is highly recommended to use acrylic paints or watercolor as a painting medium especially when practicing because they’re easy to work with and ready to use which means that no pre-mixing is needed.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you don’t need to have an exact picture in your mind on what to paint, especially when you’re just starting. You can start by practicing swirls and strokes to improve your fine motor skills, brushwork and hand dexterity. You can also practice blending different colors and doing abstract paintings.
QUICK TIP: The internet provides PLENTY of painting tutorial sites that can help you improve. Most of these are free so use them to your own advantage.
Practice your Painting Skills with Best Paint by Numbers:
You may have heard about the Paint by Numbers trend through the internet or TV, and it might have made you wonder what the craze is all about. This art trend can definitely help you improve your art skills by teaching you different art techniques, color theory, as well as different art movements.
The best part about these kits is that they don’t require you to be a master painter to come up with a beautiful piece of artwork. All it requires is for you to follow a very simple rule: to match the numbers on the canvas according to its corresponding color; although there are a couple of tips and tricks that you can follow to improve your artwork. If you wanna know what these tips and tricks are, you can click here.
*(The kit is for free, all you have to pay is the shipping and handling fees which makes it a great deal!)
What’s great about Paint by Numbers is that it’s beginner-friendly, no skills needed! There’s also no age-restriction, and it provides high-quality materials that can help you get started with your painting journey. It comes with a set of three basic brushes (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large), a pre-drawn canvas, and a set of acrylic paints. Everything is ready to use, so there’s no need to apply primer on the canvas or pre-mixing the paint, all you have to do is paint and relax!
There are hundreds of pictures to paint when it comes to Paint by Numbers.
Best Paint by Numbers offers a wide collection of designs ranging from fixed designs to custom designs where you can personalize your own kit according to your preferences. To know more about Paint by Numbers, simply click here.
Pictures to Paint while you’re stuck at home:
- Sunsets--missing the beautiful scene of sunsets outside? Why not bring the sunset to your home by painting one? Sunset paintings may look complicated for beginners, but with enough practice, you’ll definitely get hooked on making different sunset scenes. The key to a great sunset painting is choosing and blending the colors properly.
- Plants--there are thousands of varieties of plants so you probably won’t run out of ideas when it comes to this one. You can start by painting plants like cactus since it’s easy to paint and there’s less colors to work with, yet the outcome is promising.
- Silhouettes--from birds, to trees, to buildings, and so much more, there are plenty of silhouette-inspired paintings to choose from. The great thing about silhouette paintings is that you don’t have to worry about the difficult details since the main focus is the black shadow/figure.
- Seashells--fun to make and results in a very stunning decorative piece on the wall! They come in different shapes and sizes so you can mix different colors, make different patterns, textures, etc. You can even paint on actual shells to make it more fun!
- Geometric patterns--there are no rules when it comes to geometric-inspired paintings and they’re definitely eye-pleasers! You can use duct tape to create shapes on your canvas that will also serve as a guide for your painting. Once your canvas is finished and completely dried, you can remove the tape and you’ll be surprised with the result!
Now that you have different pictures to paint ideas, we hope that we inspired you to start painting. Painting different pictures gives you the chance to acquire different techniques and art theories that will eventually help you level up your skills.
There’s a famous line by Malcolm Gladwell in his book called “Outliers” that says, “it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill.” That’s roughly about 10 years if you put 20 hours of practice a week. Remember that progress is more important than perfection. Instead of focusing on the final outcome of your work, focus on your improvement and progress. Keep on practicing and of course, practice mindfulness and just enjoy the painting activity by itself--it’s more relaxing that way.