A quick guide on Paint by Numbers Custom Designs.
Since every photo tells a story, why not make it into a painting?
Do you want to try something new and creative? Why not start your painting journey with Paint by Numbers? Paint by Numbers is a great way to improve your painting skills. Why? That’s because Paint by Numbers allows you to create a masterpiece just by following a very simple instruction: match the number according to its corresponding color.
Other than the presets available in Best Paint by Numbers, we also feature an option for Customized kits that turn your favorite image into a canvas that you can paint!
With Paint by Numbers Custom kits, you can personalize according to your preferences and that’s why it is a perfect gift idea for a special loved one on any occassion or a treat for yourself to indulge yourself into. Whether it’s a selfie or a favorite photo of your pet, you will surely reminisce the joyous moment with every brushstroke you make. To suit your preferences more, we have plenty of options on our Custom Designs. With Best Paint by Numbers, you can also turn your favorite photo into Pop Art designs and custom Diamond Painting kits.
In this article, we will focus on Paint by Numbers Custom Designs and everything you need to know about them, including tips on how to choose the perfect image for your customized kit.
WHAT’S IN THE CUSTOM PAINT BY NUMBERS KIT?
- A high-quality pre-printed canvas with pre-numbered contours.
- A set of three brushes - 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large.
- A set of acrylic paint.
- The latest Best Paint by Numbers ebook!
HOW TO TURN YOUR PHOTO INTO A BEST PAINT BY NUMBERS CUSTOM CANVAS:
This step couldn’t be easier, all you have to do is to order a kit and upload the photo of your choice. Just wait for the kit to be delivered right at your doorstep and you can finally unwind and feel the joy of painting!
SELECTING THE IDEAL IMAGE FOR YOUR CUSTOM PAINT BY NUMBERS:
Of course, you can pretty much select whatever image you like, but remember, the final outcome of your painting also depends on the image you choose, so this step is very important. Here are the things that you need to consider when selecting the perfect image for your Paint by Numbers customized kit:
- Select an image with good brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
- The background shouldn’t be too cluttered, so that the focus of the painting would be the main figure instead of its surrounding.
- Make sure that the photo is clear, not blurred.
- Pay attention to the detail, this will either make or break your artwork.
- Pick a photo that is easier for you to paint, especially if it’s your first time with Paint by Numbers.
- If you’re selecting a photo of your pet, we highly recommend a close-up view, to make it more detailed and subject-focused.
- Keep in mind the aspect and ratio of your photo. Since the majority of the custom kits are 16 x 20 inches/40 x 50 cm, it is crucial to select a photo with a 4:5 aspect ratio.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST OUT OF YOUR PAINT BY NUMBERS CUSTOM KITS
- Find a lit area where you can fully immerse yourself into the activity. This can help you focus and concentrate better.
- Cover your workspace with old newspapers to avoid unwanted paint stains.
- If your canvas has creases, put a cloth on top of your canvas and iron it on low to medium heat.
- Prepare a cup filled with water as well as tissue papers. This will help you keep your brushes moist. Moreover, this can help you clean your brush when transitioning to another color.
- (OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) Take a digital photo of your canvas. In doing so, it gives you a digital reference that you can zoom in the numbers during times of confusion.
- Start painting one number at a time. Make sure to close the paint pots that are not in use to prevent the paint from drying.
- Work with darker colors first, then light colors after which.
- To prevent the paint from smudging into your hand, paint from left to right as you work your way from top to bottom.
- Use the tip of the brush to increase the precision of your strokes.
- Always clean your brushes after using.
- Make it a habit of checking the consistency of your paint before you start painting. If the consistency is a bit thick, you can add a drop or two of water.
- Once finished, wait for the canvas to completely dry.
When your canvas is fully dried, don’t forget to frame and display your canvas somewhere in your house once you’re completely done with your artwork. It will truly give you a sense of accomplishment!
TURN YOUR PHOTO INTO SOMETHING MORE MEMORABLE
There’s a saying that “a picture tells a thousand words.” But since you can turn your picture into a painting, it would mean something more than that, and it’s definitely more artistic! Now that you’ve learned about Paint by Numbers Custom kits, we hope that you start your artistic journey with us with your very own customized kits. Happy Painting!